March 12, 2020
Dear Faith Family,
With Coronavirus (COVID-19) being reported in the Metro-Detroit area, in stewardship of our responsibility to our church and local community, we are suspending all activities starting Friday, March 13.
This includes the suspension of weekly programming for all ages and events that happen during this time. For specific trips, ministry leaders will be in contact with those who are registered for those events.
The building is closed, but the Church is not.
In the midst of fears and anxiety, the Church has a responsibility to represent Jesus to our communities. That mission includes providing opportunities to gather together, as well as serve those who are the most vulnerable during a crisis like this.
Here’s how you can help be The Church while our in-person activities are suspended:
- Meet with small groups and online. Gather in homes with small groups, in neighborhoods, as family, amongst friends when healthy. Meet online for community if at home.
- Invite people into community. We don’t need a building to invite people around our tables and to have a conversation about the hope of Jesus.
- Serve the vulnerable in our communities. As schools and organizations suspend operations, the poor and the elderly will be the most impacted. We are actively looking for ways that we can come alongside communities most impacted by the lack of social services offered by the school system.
While there is still a lot unknown, we feel that suspending activities is the best decision in light of the information we currently have. Please pray for those who are sick, those who are anxious, and those who are providing care and making decisions for those who are in need.
This month our preschoolers have been learning, “‘Come and follow me,’ Jesus said.” This is what that looks like. It’s bringing Jesus into every relationship no matter what challenges we are up against.
Here are the resources we have available to help you be The Church while we suspend all programming:
- Online Church Portal - we will be live-streaming an at-home experience at 11am on Sunday, March 15
- Resources for Groups - we have our weekend resources hosted online for groups to use at their convenience, as well as small group conversation guides
- Resources for Families - we have videos of our kids and student ministry teachings that you can watch as a family, conversation guides, as well as helpful resources for talking about the Coronavirus.
- Online Giving - while we suspend all activities in-person, we will not be suspending activities amongst the staff and coordinating opportunities for us to serve in and around our community. Your giving helps support the mission as we serve those around us.
- Local Communities - if you are healthy, you can look for opportunities to serve local communities in need. One place that we can help is by providing food to families relying on social services.
Faith Troy Leadership